The 2019 Marathon Dance will be March 1st & 2nd
Mandatory Dancer Meetings
- Juniors/Seniors – January 16th at 2:30pm in the auditorium
- Freshmen/Sophomores – January 17th at 2:30pm in the auditorium
All dancers must attend their assigned meeting.
If you cannot attend your mandatory dance meeting
You must see Mrs. Sheldon prior to your meeting, doctors appointments will require a note from the doctor.
A good rule of thumb? At any given time, somebody’s grandmother, somebody’s little sister, and some reporter is watching you. Don’t do anything you wouldn’t want your grandmother to see, your little sister to mimic or your parents to see in the paper.
- Sign-ups will take place the first week in January in the main office.
- NO late sign-ups will be allowed. (Please see Mrs. Sheldon if you have any questions.)
- Recipients will be chosen at the January meetings.
You MUST remember 4 things when you register
- Your envelope with your pledge money and donation sheet.
- Signed permission sheet.
- Overnight items.
Once you’re registered, you’re in until Saturday night.
Only serious medical situations should cause you to go home early. Many people donated a lot of money in the expectation that you are going to dance for 28 hours. By taking their money, you promise them 28 hours. If you should have a serious medical situation and are sent home, you may not return as a dancer.
If you are interested in conducting an fundraiser/event in the name of a specific student who is participating in the South High Marathon Dance
Any event of fundraiser held to benefit the South Glens Falls Marathon Dance must have prior approval by the Marathon Dance events committee.
Other Useful Info
- During the sleep break, all classroom lights will be turned off at 4:30am. If you are not sleeping in your room, you may spend your time in the gym or cafeteria.
- ONLY dancers are permitted on the dance floor, for everyone’s safety. Anyone dancing who is not a registered dancer will be asked to step off the dance floor. This includes little brothers and sisters.
- Dance on your feet…not on wheels. No rollerblades, skates, or Heelies will be permitted.
- A tank top should be worn under any costume without sleeves. Shorts should be worn under any dress. And remember, you may be dancing in these costumes for a while.
- The only drinks allowed in the classrooms will be water and sports drinks.
- Room checks will take place during the dance. Please report to your assigned room when asked to do so.
- Mark ALL your bags very clearly with your room color, name and grade.
- Don’t bring anything, including for costumes, that could hurt or creates the illusion that it could hurt anyone…no fake guns or weapons, roller blades, Frisbees…
- Be respectful. Every alumni, volunteer, security personnel, and adviser is there to make sure you have a great dance.
- Stay in the gym when you’re supposed to be in the gym and on the dance floor when you are supposed to be dancing.
|Costume Parties|| |
|Spirit Week|| |