DANCER BELONGING PICK-UP
Dancer's belongings can be picked up on Saturday evening any time after 7pm. Parents can choose to pick items up outside the students assigned classroom at 7pm or wait until the dance is over to pick up the items.
South High Marathon Dance
The students of South Glens Falls High School hosted the 38th Annual South High Marathon Dance in the South Glens Falls High School Gym on March 6-7 , 2015. The students, and the community that supports them, raised $621,680 bringing our grand total, over 38 years, to more than $4.82 Million Dollars.
Interesting facts about the dance:
- The dance has donated money to over 366 causes and individuals in the last 38 years
- In 2015 the students who plan the dance selected 45 worthy causes to donate their funds to.
- In 2015 the SHMD Travel Team will be returning to Richmond, VA for the 9th Annual Deep Run Marathon Dance at the end of March (www.marathondance.org)
- A committee of students plans the dance
- The first dance involved about 50 dancers. In 2015, more than 850 students signed up to participate.
- More than 80% of the school’s population participates in the dance